321546

Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Future Is Electric?

Since I was riding around on an electric motorcycle prototype on the weekend, I thought I'd do some more research on the topic, since I've done several other posts on electric bikes in my blog. It's part of my job to stay current with not only motorcycle insurance (3 years ago we had to work hard to get proper ratings for electric bikes ) but also motorcycles themselves and what's going on in the industry.
Interestingly, while doing some research, I came across the Peugeot 515, or a redesigned version of the original. The first was built back in the 1930's by what is claimed to be the oldest motrcycle manufacturer in the world, Peugeot of France. The 1934 Peugeot 500 c.c. P515 set 9 world speed records in it's day and was a pretty interesting bike in it's own right.
 
The origianl P515, with it's very cool art deco tailpipe

 
However, Madella Simone has taken the classic bike and totally modernized the look,as well as bring it into the modern age by replacing the 4 stroke engine with a lithium powered, in-wheel engine. Add in the hubless front wheel and you have a futuristic looking bike that you could actually ride and it appears somewhere more practical than most of the other prototypes I've seen.
2015 version of the P515

I wonder how that hollow body will be affecting the handling at high speeds and wind

A sleek looking rig, without a doubt

Fat tires, front and back

If you're interested in electric motorcycles, watch for future posts, and check out some of my past posts by searching on the blog search engine under 'electric'.


No comments:

Post a Comment